Amaretto Sour Recipe
Amaretto Sour is a palpable drink made with Amaretto, an Italian sweet almond flavored liqueur and lime juice. Its tantalizing sweet, sour and bitter taste is palatable and soothing to taste buds.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes
Serves: 1 serving
Glassware: Rocks Glass
|60 ml (2 oz) Amaretto|
|30 ml (1 oz) Lime Juice|
|30 ml (1 oz) Simple Syrup|
|1 cup Ice Cubes|
- Take amaretto, lime juice, simple syrup in ice filled cocktail shaker and shake heavily.
- Take chilled rock glass (old-fashioned glass) and put 4-5 ice cubes in it, pour cocktail over it.
- Drop lemon twist and maraschino cherry in the drink as garnish and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- If simple syrup is not available, then use bar sugar or superfine sugar. If you are using sugar, then shake the cocktail little longer to make sure that sugar dissolves completely.
- Add a splash of lemon lime soda like Sprite or 7 up in top of cocktail for more zing.
- Add a splash of orange juice or pineapple juice for little more citrus flavor.
- If you find this cocktail a bit bitter, then add more lime juice to balance out its bitterness.
- You can use sour mix instead of lime juice and simple syrup.