Bamboo Cocktail Recipe
It was invented in Japan in 1890’s and has ever since remained one of the exclusive cocktails for Richie-rich. However, you don’t need to be Richie-rich to enjoy it now. With this recipe you can make classic bamboo cocktail in few minutes and experience the exclusivity.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes
Serves: 1 serving
Glassware: Martini Glass
|30 ml (1 oz) Sherry|
|30 ml (1 oz) Dry Vermouth|
|1 dash (4 drops) Orange Bitters|
|1 dash (4 drops) Angostura bitters|
|1/2 Lemon Slice, cut in 2 1/4th triangles|
|1 cup Crushed Ice|
- Transfer crushed ice to cocktail shaker.
- Add sherry, dry vermouth, orange bitters and angostura bitters in it and shake well until completely chilled. (30-40 seconds of vigorous shaking should be fine.)
- Take chilled cocktail glass, strain and pour chilled mixed drink in it.
- Drop lemon slice pieces in drink as garnish and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Orange bitters and Angostura bitters add an aromatic flavor to mixed drink. If you do not like their strong flavors, then use 2 drops instead of 4 drops. You can also completely avoid Angostura bitters if you want to.
Serving Ideas: It is also known as Boston bamboo and is a perfect cocktail for pre-dinner drinks.