This easy to make spicy Mexican beer cocktail tastes extremely good because of the light lager beer, clamato and hot sauces. Make chelada with this easy recipe and experience why it has been favorite from generations in Mexico.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes
Serves: 1 serving
Glassware: Collins Glass
|1 can (12 oz) Lager Beer|
|120 ml (4 oz) Clamato|
|1 dash Worcestershire Sauce|
|1 dash Tabasco Hot Sauce|
|1 pinch Ground black pepper|
|15 ml (1/2 oz) Fresh Lime Juice|
|1 pinch Celery Salt|
|1 Lime Ring|
|1 Celery Stalk|
- Take clamato, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco hot sauce, ground black pepper, fresh lime juice and celery salt in chilled Collins glass.
- Fill up glass with ice cubes.
- Top up with lager beer
- Garnish with lime ring and celery stalk.
Tips and Variations:
- Experiment with using beer and clamato in different quantities to get the desired taste.
- Make sure that beer is absolutely chilled. Warm beer will ruin the taste.
- You can also use ready-made chelada beers which is already pre-mixed with clamato and few spices. You can add more spices in it to get your desired taste. However, we recommend using your favorite can of lager beer and clamato for satisfying results.
- Salted rim of serving glass makes a big difference to the taste of cocktail. Frost rim of glass with celery salt and ground pepper.
Serving Ideas: It has been used as a cure to bad hangovers from generations in Mexico. It can be served anytime during day especially during hot summers to get chilled quickly.
Aug 16, 2014 by Benjamin
Wonderful recipe! I used Lone Star Beer and substituted Habanero Tabasco for the boring regular sauce. It turned out great!