Watermelon Man Cocktail Recipe
This is a cool summer cocktail drink first invented in Berlin’s famous cookie club. This sweet cocktail is made by mixing vodka, watermelon schnapps, lime juice, orange liqueur like cointreau and topped with lemon lime soda. Watermelon man cocktail is a simple mixed drink having melon and citrus flavors.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes
Serves: 1 serving
Glassware: Collins glass
|60 ml (2 oz) Vodka|
|30 ml (1 oz) Watermelon Schnapps|
|30 ml (1 oz) Cointreau|
|15 ml (1/2 oz) Lime Juice|
|1 can Lemon Lime Soda|
- Fill 2/3 of cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Add vodka, watermelon schnapps, cointreau and lime juice in it and shake well.
- Strain and pour prepared watermelon man vodka mix into ice filled collins glass and top up with lemon lime soda.
- Garnish the drink and serve with straw.
Tips and Variations:
- If you want sweeter taste but less citrus flavor than add 15 ml (1/2 oz) simple syrup and avoid cointreau.
- Use any of your favorite or available brand of lemon lime soda like Sprite, 7Up, Sierra Mist, etc.
- Use pre-chilled ingredients for best result.
- Add 2-3 dashes of grenadine syrup for nice and presentable red color of cocktail. It will also add nice hint of pomegranate.
Taste: This watermelon vodka cocktail has primary flavor of watermelon with mild hint of citrus.
Serving Ideas: This is a party cocktail, serve it as an evening or afternoon cocktail.