Saketini – Sake Martini Recipe
It is a classic vodka martini but with sake instead of dry vermouth. Sake is a Japanese alcohol made from rice and it adds subtle but noticeable difference compared with dry vermouth. Learn how to make perfect saketini (sake martini) with this mixed drink recipe.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes
Serves: 1 serving
Glassware: Martini glass
|75 ml (2½ oz) Vodka|
|15 ml (1/2 oz) Sake (Japanese rice based alcohol)|
|1 Maraschino Cherry|
- Fill up cocktail shaker with ice until 2/3 full.
- Add vodka and sake in cocktail shaker and shake until ice cold.
- Take chilled martini glass. Strain and pour prepared mixed drink in it.
- Drop cherry in the drink as garnish and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Use gin instead of vodka for variation in taste.
- If you want to have stronger sake flavor, then increase the quantity of it to 30 ml (1 oz)
- Add 30 ml (1 oz) orange liqueur like triple sec or cointreau for a citrus flavored drink.
Serving Ideas: It is a refreshing change to a dry vodka martini. Try this sake martini any time you get bored of classic martini and experience the difference.