Rob Roy Drink Recipe
Unlike other classic cocktails, this mixed drink doesn’t have disputed history as its creation is well documented. However, when it comes to cocktails, history neither changes its taste nor its appeal. Even though this Rob Roy recipe uses the original ingredients and garnish, the prepared drink is not overly sweet. Don’t forget to read tips below to make its dry or perfect version.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Serves: 1 serving
Glassware: Martini glass
|2 oz (60 ml) Scotch|
|1 oz (30 ml) Sweet Vermouth|
|1 dash (4 drops) Angostura Bitters|
|1 Maraschino Cherry|
- Stir scotch and sweet vermouth with ice and a dash of angostura bitters.
- Strain and pour into chilled serving glass.
- Drop a maraschino cherry in the drink as a garnish.
Tips and Variations:
- Use dry vermouth to make dry rob roy cocktail
- Make perfect rob roy by using dry and sweet vermouth in equal measures (1/2 oz each).
- Replace angostura bitters with orange bitters and serve on the rocks in old-fashioned glass.