This is a hot apple cider drink prepared by mixing spiced rum and all spices. This comforting and relaxing alcoholic drink is a perfect cocktail for welcoming fall and festive season. Get warm and cozy by having lightly spiced hot apple cider alcoholic prepared with this recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
Glassware: Goblet Glass
- Stud apple with cloves. (This will give nice flavor to cocktail when heated with cider.)
- Take studded apple, apple cider, orange juice, lemon juice, all spices and sugar in a pot. Put it on a medium heat.
- Simmer for approx. 10 minutes and take pot away from heat source.
- Take out the apple and discard it. Put spiced rum in it and stir well.
- Prepare heat proof serving glasses; add lemon rings into each glass.
- Pour rum mixed hot apple cider into serving glasses and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Use brown sugar instead of plain sugar for slightly more complex flavor.
- Use cinnamon sticks as an alternative of lemon rings as garnish.
Taste: Warm, sweet and aromatic
Serving Ideas: Welcome fall by serving warm and spiced alcoholic cider as before or after dinner drink.