Cocktail drinks prepared with Limoncello, an Italian lemon liqueur, are slowly getting popular around the world and limoncello martini is one such sweet and sour cocktail. In this recipe, 2 parts of vodka and 1 part of limoncello are mixed with lime juice to achieve its subtle tartness.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Serves: 1 serving
- Fill cocktail shaker all the way through half with fresh ice.
- Add vodka, limoncello, and lime juice into a shaker and shake it. This will make ice melt and dilute the drink to palatable level.
- Strain and pour cocktail into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with skewered maraschino cherry (as shown in photo above) and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Add a splash of tripe sec or orange liqueur to make this cocktail even more flavorsome.
- Add few tiny pieces of basil leaves for spicy aroma. It also enhances the look of plain yellow drink.
- Garnish rim of chilled martini glass with fine sugar by first dipping it in lemon juice and then in sugar.
Taste: Limoncello is generally very sweet and has a strong flavor of lemon without it’s sourness. This chilled cocktail tastes heavenly sweet and sour.
Serving Ideas: It is good enough to make your warm summer evenings relaxed. Serve it straight or on the rocks.