Flaming B-52 Shot Recipe
Flaming cocktails are one of the craziest things to try before you die and what could be a better choice for it than flaming b52 shot. Even though flames do not alter the taste of the shooter, this drink remains high on demand in parties as it adds a style character. Do not forget to read Safety Note given below before trying it.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes.
Serves: 1 serving
|1/2 oz (15 ml) Tia Maria Coffee Liqueur|
|1/2 oz (15 ml) Baileys Irish Cream|
|1/2 oz (15 ml) Grand Marnier Orange Flavored Brandy Liqueur|
|3 drops Dark Overproof Rum|
- Add Tia Maria in shot glass and let it settle.
- Slowly and steadily pour baileys original Irish cream on coffee liqueur with the help of back of bar spoon. (To make a perfect layer, make sure that bar spoon is cold and is positioned properly with back side pointing upwards over the serving glass.)
- Pour grand marnier over it in similar way.
- Slowly add 3 drops of dark rum and ignite it with lighter. (If Grand Marnier is warm then you may skip adding rum).
- Serve with heatproof straw.
Glassware: Shot Glass.
Safety Note: Flame must be put out before starting to drink the shot. The shot glass must be either heatproof or of thick glass. If your shot glass is of larger or smaller size then adjust the quantity of each ingredient (keeping ratio to 1 part each) such that its total volume is little smaller than capacity of glass. The idea here is to have minimum amount of glass surface coming in contact with heat so that glass does not crack or break.