Dry Manhattan Recipe
It is a cocktail made with rye whiskey, dry vermouth and bitters. The sweet vermouth is replaced by dry vermouth in classic Manhattan recipe and hence, it is known as Dry Manhattan. This cocktail is great alternative for all classic cocktail aficionados who do not like sweeter drinks.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes
Serves: 1 serving
Glassware: Martini Glass
|60 ml (2 oz) Rye Whiskey|
|30 ml (1 oz) Dry Vermouth|
|2 dashes (8 drops) Angostura bitters|
|1 Cocktail Cherry|
|1 cup Cracked Ice|
- Take empty cocktail shaker and add cracked ice in it. Fill it until half.
- Add rye whiskey, dry vermouth and Angostura bitters in ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake until it starts to mist from outside.
- Take chilled swanky cocktail glass. Strain and pour prepared dry manhattan drink in it.
- Garnish drink with cherry and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Rye whiskey is key ingredient for the flavor of this martini. If it is not available, then use Canadian whiskey or bourbon whiskey.
- Use sweet vermouth instead of dry vermouth for classic manhattan martini.
Taste: It tastes dry initially but has rich and smooth texture of rye.
Serving Ideas: Experience the smoothness of this cocktail in casual and formal parties or business meetings. Serve it straight up or on the rocks in an old-fashioned glass for a change.