Kahlua Martini Recipe
It is a simple 5 parts vodka vodka and 2 parts coffee liqueur cocktail served on the rocks in a old fashioned glass. Its is widely known as Black Russian but since this cocktail recipe uses kahlua, it is sometimes referred as kahlua martini too.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes
Serves: 1 serving
Glassware: Old fashioned glass.
|50 ml (1 2/3 oz ) Vodka|
|20 ml (2/3 oz) Kahlua Coffee Liqueur|
- Take chilled old fashioned glass and fill it up with ice cubes.
- Add kahlua followed by vodka and stir gently.
- Garnish with lemon slice and cherry skewered on the cocktail stick and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Use Premium brand of vodka so that vodka’s impurities does not mash or skew the flavor of coffee.
- For stronger coffee taste use 4 parts kahlua.
- For a difference, serve it in a Collins glass and top it up with coke (coca cola).
- You can also serve it straight up in a martini glass, however, make sure to stir all ingredients with ice in cocktail shaker before straining into glass. It must be served chilled.