Limoncello Martini Recipe
Cocktail drinks prepared with Limoncello, an Italian lemon liqueur, are slowly getting popular around the world and limoncello martini is one such sweet and sour cocktail. In this recipe, 2 parts of vodka and 1 part of limoncello are mixed with lime juice to achieve its subtle tartness.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Serves: 1 serving
|60 ml (2 oz) Vodka|
|30 ml (1 oz) Limoncello|
|15 ml (1/2 oz) Lime Juice|
|3 Maraschino Cherries|
- Fill cocktail shaker all the way through half with fresh ice.
- Add vodka, limoncello, and lime juice into a shaker and shake it. This will make ice melt and dilute the drink to palatable level.
- Strain and pour cocktail into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with skewered maraschino cherry (as shown in photo above) and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Add a splash of tripe sec or orange liqueur to make this cocktail even more flavorsome.
- Add few tiny pieces of basil leaves for spicy aroma. It also enhances the look of plain yellow drink.
- Garnish rim of chilled martini glass with fine sugar by first dipping it in lemon juice and then in sugar.
Taste: Limoncello is generally very sweet and has a strong flavor of lemon without it’s sourness. This chilled cocktail tastes heavenly sweet and sour.
Serving Ideas: It is good enough to make your warm summer evenings relaxed. Serve it straight or on the rocks.
Jul 15, 2012 by Cheryl Caserta
Very nice way of using maraschino cherries as garnish. Liked the taste of cocktail very much...going to introduce it in my restaurant menu soon.