Blackberry Margarita Recipe
When blackberries are in season and you have just picked loads of them from a farm, there are number of things you can do with them. However, there is no other better use of them than making refreshing sweet and sour margaritas. So let’s get the ball rolling now!
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Serves: 1 serving
Glassware: Margarita glass
|7-8 Fresh Blackberries|
|2½ oz (75 ml) Reposado Tequila|
|1 oz (30 ml) Grand Marnier Orange Liqueur|
|1½ oz (30 ml) Lime Cordial|
|2 Blackberries (for garnishing)|
|2 Banana Wheels (for garnishing)|
|1 Olive (for garnishing)|
- Rub lime wedge on the rim of glass and moist it. Dip the glass’ rim in the salt spread on margarita rimmer or flat plate. Put the glass in freezer to chill.
- Muddle fresh blackberries in the cocktail shaker to release its juices and essence oils.
- Pour tequila, grand marnier and lime cordial in it and fill remaining empty glass with ice cubes. Shake for 20-25 seconds or until water droplets starts to appear on the outside of shaker.
- Fine strain mixed drink into chilled serving glass.
- Skewer blackberries, banana and olive on cocktail pick as shown in the picture above and garnish drink with it.